1) Analyses water in purification plant to control chemical processes which soften it or make it suitable for drinking: Analyses samples of filtered water to ensure that quantities of solids left in suspension are below prescribed limits.
2) Determines amounts of liquid chlorine to be used in chlorinators to destroy microbes and other harmful organisms, basing amounts on findings of MICROBIOLOGIST.
3) Determines kinds and amounts of chemicals to be used in removing minerals, acids, salts, and other inorganic compounds from water to soften it.
4) Tests samples extracted from various points in distribution system, such as mains, tanks, pumps, and outlets, to discover possible sources of water contamination.
Chemist, Water Purification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, STEM or related field
- 3 years of experience in a Water- Distillation/bottling/saline solution production plant
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and organization skills
- Ability to handle many projects at a given time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to organize lab data, manage test specimens and maintain lab supplies
- Analytical thinking with good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work to a strict deadline.
- Ability to work closely within a team.
- Extensive knowledge of water’s chemical formation.
- Ability to see potential problems in a system setup.
- Attention to detail.